Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Vacation - Finally!

Finally, summer vacation is here for me!  I always look forward to re-charging my batteries in the summer and this summer I especially need it.  I have been so busy these past few months, I could barely think straight.  I have to also admit that I let my organizational skills slip a bit and I was not too thrilled with myself for this.  So, my plan with my new freedom is to rest, relax, and re-organize!  Hopefully I can come up with some new systems to help streamline the invitation business and hopefully I can even come up with some new designs!

Now - to the good stuff!  Below is a photo of a bridal shower invitation that I created.  This invitation was for a friend of mine at work.  Her summer wedding colors are pink and yellow - these cheery invites were the perfect invite for her shower!


Next up is a seating chart that I created for a bride.  I created all of the stationery for this wedding - I love it when I am able to create all elements of the wedding and am able to carry over a theme.  I especially love to do that when the bride chooses such a gorgeous design, everything just looks so nice all pulled together.  This seating chart was printed as an 18"x24" poster, framed and was displayed at the reception venue.  Not only does this serve a function, but also adds to the reception decor:


This invitation features the "Sour Apple" design - one that many brides have chosen and one that looks good in any color scheme.  This simple, clean design is a great way to feature your wedding color scheme without over doing it:

Next up - some inspiration!  Aren't these tulips amazing?!  I took this photo at the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago and I am dying to come up with a creative way to use them!!  Any ideas from my readers out there?!



No comments:

Post a Comment