Sunday, October 10, 2010

Look until you really "see"

The title of this blog is a familiar saying that is credited to my dear friend, Lois.  She has taught me in many ways to feed my creative soul and look at things until I really "see" them.  She has taught me to see beauty in lines and shapes and to explore the simple things that we oftentimes overlook.  What I am going to share with you today is my way of doing exactly that.

Years ago, I was bitten by the travel bug.  My desire to travel is very evident and I have been grateful to have had so many opportunities to travel and explore new places.  I have enjoyed long, exotic trips to places like Hawaii and Australia, and also love investigating the beauty of my own state, Michigan.  When I go somewhere new, I love to get involved with the local experience.  I like to enjoy local cuisines, explore interesting neighborhoods and attempt to experience the location in an authentic way.  Years ago I used to love purchasing oodles and oodles of souvenirs and trinkets to remind me of my experiences.  A few years and life lessons later I have now changed the type of souvenir that I like to collect from trinkets to treasured photos.  I love taking snapshots of beautiful places and spaces.  By looking and really "seeing" some of these places I have discovered something new that is quite fun and interesting!

Behold, my letter art.  Since I started this little project over a year ago, I have come to realize that letters are everywhere!  Architecture, nature, food, etc.  Look and you shall see!

I have collected an entire alphabet throughout my travels and have really enjoyed this process.  From the letter A hidden in a police barricade in Chicago, to the letter L piled into a mosaic sculpture in Australia, I have collected letters everywhere.  I have made many letter art pieces for people and am now beginning to explore more possibilities.  From framed photos to return address labels and note cards, the possibilities are endless!  With the holidays creeping up on us, I thought it was a fitting time to share this unique idea in hopes that many of you will find that this is the perfect personalized gift.

Enjoy what you see, and please, start dreaming.  I would love to create something for you or a loved one!






These photos are available in 4"x10", 5.5"x14", 8"x10" and 5"x7"

Or, you can have some return address labels made like these!
I can create note cards, photos, address labels, you name it!  So, start dreaming!  And remember, start looking until you can really "see"

No comments:

Post a Comment