Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Fall Feeling

Fall is in full swing here.  The colors are at their peak, the weather is crisp and weddings and showers are in abundance!  As you can tell by reading this blog, I have been BUSY!  On top of working full time and having a new baby, I have also had the privilege to create some gorgeous stationery for some special events.  Read on!

First on the list are these gorgeous pocket fold invitations.  The pocket fold itself is a metallic chocolate brown and it housed ivory stationery with invitations featuring warm fall colors.  Working with this bride was wonderful.  She was kind, organized and simply a sweetheart.  I truly enjoyed creating these gorgeous invitations for he and her fiance':
 
The items below are special because they were created for a special person.  My cousin Justine married her sweetheart, Tom.  Their wedding was an early fall event featuring warm yellow colors and sunflowers.  Justine wanted to have menu cards at each place setting and what I ended up creating was super cool.  Rather than the traditional menu card, we created these menu cuffs that wrapped around the napkin and silverware.  I have never seen anything like these before but man oh man am I in love with them!

 
Justine's programs were printed on ivory paper featuring a sunflower graphic and brown text to tie into the warm fall feel of her wedding:
 
This next invitation is special because it is a new design.  I created this design for Jessica and Paul.  They were wonderful to work with - organized, specific and fun!  I loved their idea with the pumpkin with their initials carved in.  This invitation represents their fun loving personalities in the perfect way:
 
 
This baby shower invitation was created for a special client.  I created the wedding stationery for Hali and she has been a special customer for years.  Her sister in law that ordered the invitations, Katie, was one of my very first customers and I love, love, love that she still comes to me for her events.  This shower invitation was a fall pumpkin theme without the typical fall decor.  The idea of welcoming the newest "little pumpkin" came to mind and I adapted a previous design to fit with this theme.  I thought the results turned out to be rather adorable:
 
 
The next set of stationery is very special.  It again is a new design, created for two very special people.  Chelsea and Brad have been close with my family for ages and I was honored when I was asked to create something special for their big day.  The invitations featured a fall design, printed on metallic gold card stock, matted on a deep eggplant colored card stock.  The results were rich and elegant and were the perfect introduction for the gorgeous wedding that Brad and Chelsea had:
 
 
I absolutely love it when all elements of a wedding coordinate and I was so excited to create these extra elements for Chelsea and Brad.  They have excellent taste and were a breeze to work with.  Chelsea and Brad opted to forgo the traditional bi-fold program and we came up with a 2 sided matted program that was long and narrow.  We mounted the programs on two colors of metallic card stock to match the invitations.  The final product was just gorgeous!  For their wedding I also created table numbers, printed on ivory stock, matted on the eggplant card stock. Again, stepping away from traditional goods, Chelsea and Brad opted for 2"x6" long place cards that were put into a frame.  The frame was also a favor for guests to take home with their photo booth pictures and it looked beautiful with the gold metallic place cards inside.  The photo below shows the entire wedding set all together, a true masterpiece!
 




 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment