Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pinterest Love

Oh, I am so in love with Pinterest.  This site is full of so much inspiration, I find myself searching and searching for hours sometimes!  My boards are beginning to get rather full, so I decided that it was time to actually produce something from my "I can do this" board! 

My sister is having a baby and due in a month.  Therefore, with 2 showers on the horizon, I had the perfect opportunity for some crafting.  We are hosting 2 small showers and my sister does not know what she is having.  These 2 events gave me some great opportunities to create some cute stuff!

What I did for one shower is create this bunting banner (I think that is what it is called!).  I have seen a variety of bunting projects on Pinterest and my friend at Remaking Memories blogged about her bunting inspired save the date cards. I figured that I had to take a crack at this crafting trend.  The process was super easy- I cut triangles from scrapbook paper and cut out letters with the CriCut.   Once the letters were cut, I used scrapbook adhesive to stick the letters on.  Then, I punched holes in the triangles, strung them together and, voila!  What I ended up with was this:

Isn't it cute?!  I love that the colors are not your typical "baby" pastels, instead they are more modern and certainly gender neutral.  This was so simple to make and  very budget friendly.


My sister and I were also  inspired by a "Pea in the Pod" theme that we found on Pinterest.  For her other shower, we decided on that theme, pulling tons and tons of inspiration from the site.  I created shower invitations that perfectly fit with the theme.  They were printed on shimmer paper and matted on shimmery soft yellow cardstock.  The poem on top reads, "A pea in the pod, a bundle of joy, is Heather's baby a girl or boy?".  I stuck with the yellow, green and gray color scheme and the result was a very cute invitation:

So, if you need a fun way to relax, start browsing on Pinterest - you will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment