Friday, April 20, 2012

She's Ready to Pop!

Recently, my mom, sisters, and aunts threw me the cutest baby shower. They had found the "She's Ready to Pop" theme on pinterest and ran with the idea. I love, love, love fun projects and events like this, therefore it was very hard for me not to get involved! I was able to design the invitations and left the rest up to them. Here are some of the highlights of this adorbale, thoughtful and all around awesome day:


I have a love for bright cheery colors, so I had to make these invitations colorful. I wanted the invitations to fit with the "POP" theme so I added some bubble looking graphics to the invitation. The final look was a bit retro, a bit funky, and all around cute:


The shower featured the cutest "POP" bar - it was sort of a take on a candy buffet, featuring all items that used the word "Pop".  There was POPcorn, POP rocks, cookie POPS, Ring POPs, and Rice Krispie Treats because they Snap, Krackle and POP!  The display, the ideas, the colors, everything looked so nice, they did such a great job!!




 The other shower details were just as awesome.  Again, I love color, and my sisters were sure to highlight that in the decor.  The tables featured pastel colored napkins in green, yellow, and blue.  At each place setting was a favor - a bag of microwave POPcorn with my expected POPPING date on the label.  The cetnerpieces were lolliPOP topiaries and each table had balloons that guests got to POP in order to see if they won a prize.  Every detail was so thoughtful and cute!

And I do have to share one last Pinterest idea, though it was not related to my shower at all.  Earlier in the year when my husband and I found out our baby's gender, we invited our relatives over for gender reveal cupcakes.  The idea was so fun:






1 comment:

  1. What an awesome baby shower theme and how cool are all of these ideas! They did a great job and you designed the perfect invitation for yourself! Pinterest is changing the world! ;)

    ReplyDelete